Windows 8, the new chic from Microsoft seemed rather confusing to general users, mostly due to the elimination of its old-school Windows start menu and button. The formerly called metro UI resembles more of a smartphone UI rather than a regular PC. So guys at “Stardock” – the company famous for windows customization earlier, came up with a cool little program called the “Start8” that brings the old Windows 7 start menu back to Windows 8. This 3rd party Start menu exactly replicates the Menu in Windows 7, don’t believe me? have a look!
Now do you believe me? Its true then. So to get yourself out of all the inconvenience of Windows 8 and its lacking start menu, just download Start8 by Stardock from here and get going the old school pro Windows 7 style with a blend of Windows 8. Start8 is available for a free trial of 30 days and after which it can be purchased for $4.99
Its settings panel has a lot of customizations using which a Windows 8 user:
- Can mimic the Windows 7 Start menu and start button styles
- Can choose between Windows 7 start menu – solid or transparent or WIndows 8 menu
- Can toggle the transparency of the start menu and taskbar
- Can choose to directly switch to desktop mode on booting
- Can set different custom logos as start button
- Can set & change the properties of the start menu
- Can set what pressing the Windows key will do
- Can enable/disable the charms bar & corner hotspots
The following images shows the different setting options in Stardock Start8.
You can also go back with the complete Windows 7 experience by choosing the Windows 7 Start Menu Theme to get this transparent Style Menu.
We hope this post will help you get you desired old Windows 7 style back while enjoying the new Windows 8 experience. Keep updated with us.