You might be having a long list of your favourite blogs and sites. Some of them might also be available as apps on the store for your handheld devices. The apps are custom-made by the site-owners and often do look better than the site itself. But if you have an iOS device you can make an app for a site in a matter of seconds! It doesn’t need any coding skills or even a basic knowledge of HTML.
We will show you how you can easily create an app for our blog on your iOS device itself.
1. First of all, open you Safari browser and go to www.gadgeticworld.com. You must now be able to see the mobile version of our site. You can go to any other site and do exactly like this too.
2. Then tap on the options icon that is located at the bottom.
3. From the pop-up menu select ‘Add to Home Screen’.
4. Give a name as per your liking.
5. Press ‘Add’ at the top-right corner.
The icon with the name you had given will be shown in your app-gallery. You can now open the site in Safari any time by selecting that icon.
The method we described here does not create an app but rather creates a shortcut to the site. But in appearance it is like any other app. You can remove it by pressing on the icon for about 2-3 seconds and when all the icons start jiggling, just press on the cross on the top-left of the icon.