When you think about Smartphone, Internet, tablets, Marketplace, the first thing which hits the mind is Android. The term “Android” has gained immense popularity in the technology market ever since the Search Engine giant, Google, launched it. It is an operating system for smartphone and tablets. We focus on the latest release of Android which is also known as Icecream Sandwich or Android 4.0 (Technically) in this post. Read it out.
Android 4.0 (Icecream Sandwich) combines the 2.x interface and 3.x interface. It delivers a redefined and unified “User Interface” for both Smart Phones and tablets. “Android 4.0 builds on the things people love most about Android,” says Google in a post on the Android Developers Blog.
“Easy multitasking, rich notifications, customizable home screens and resizable widgets—add powerful new ways of communication and sharing.”It has Smartness in its own!!!
- New evolved User Interface: Simple intuitive gestures, improves readability and a modern feeling to the user interface.
- Multitasking made more easier: Since Multitasking has been strength of smart phones,it has been enriched more efficiently in Android 4.0.The recent apps button lets users to jump from one task to another very easily.
- Re-sizable Widgets: Android 4.0 is designed to be content rich.They can embed live application content directly through the interactive WIDGETS. Widgets are resizable, so users can expand them to explore the contents or shrink them to save space.
- Face Unlock: As the name suggests the phone unlocks based on facial recognition technology.
- Camera: Team Android has been working for Improving the camera User Interface .Their efforts has been added to the new 4.0 series. ZSL exposure, continuous focus, and image zoom lets the app capture better still photos and video images even during video capture. Apps can even capture full-resolution snapshots while shooting video.
- NFC(Near Field Communication): Those who are fed up with sending the songs, videos etc on Bluetooth ,a good news for them. NFC allows for simplified data transaction kept in close proximity not more than few centimetres on a single touch.
- Home Screen Folders: Now one can also group apps or shortcuts together .It can be done just by dragging icons on top of one another.
- Control over network data: Devices with Android 4.0 can make extensive use of network data for streaming content, synchronizing data, downloading apps, and much more. To meet the needs of users with tiered or metered data plans, Android 4.0 adds new controls for managing network data usage.
- Live Effects for transforming video: Live Effects is a collection of graphical transformations that add interests and fun to videos captured in the Camera app. For example, users can change the background behind them to any stock or custom image, for just the right setting when shooting video or using Google Talk video chat.
- Cloud-connected experience: Android has always been cloud-connected, letting users browse the web and sync photos, apps, games, email, and contacts — wherever they are and across all of their devices 24 x 7. Android 4.0 adds new browsing and email capabilities to let users take even more with them and keep communicating.
- Powerful Web Browsing: The Android Browser offers an experience that’s as rich and convenient as a desktop browser. It lets users instantly manage sync Google Chrome bookmarks from all of their accounts, jump to their favourite content faster, and even save it for reading later in case there’s no network available.